At Dr. Moore DDS, we can quickly apply sealants to act as a cavity barrier and help improve the longevity of your smile.
A sealant is a thin plastic coating that is applied to the back molars and premolars in order to prevent cavities from forming in the grooves of the teeth. The application process is quick and easy and doesn’t involve any numbing or drills.
The process typically includes:
- Cleaning the teeth
- Each tooth is then dried and surrounded by cotton in order to stay dry
- A solution is then applied to help the sealant bond to the tooth
- The teeth are then rinsed and dried and the sealant is applied
- And abracadabra! That’s it!
- This quick and easy process can help protect your smile from cavities for up to 10 years.