Modern technology is changing the look of dentistry and evolving to better meet the needs of individual patients. Less discomfort and better targeted care makes visiting the dentist a more effective and minimally invasive experience!
Here are a few of the latest inventions to hit the dental market as highlighted in 123dentist.com on the “Top New Technologies in Dentistry”.
- VELscope—a specific light that can be shined into a patient’s mouth to detect any abnormalities. It can catch disease and cancer in the earliest stages!
- Digital X-Rays—these are quicker for dentists to access and contain 90 percent less radiation than traditional X Rays.
- Invisalign—the clear, practically invisible braces that can gently straighten teeth. Heavy, metal braces are invasive and uncomfortable but Invisalign braces are easy to take out and don’t restrict food options.
- Laser Dentistry—instead of tools, lasers are being used to eliminate discomfort associated with filling cavities, tooth sensitivity, and whitening.
- HealOzone—this is a fast, easy and painless way to eliminate tooth decay. HealOzone contains ozone (O3), a natural gas, and effectively kills bacteria and fungus.
- DIAGNOdent— this advanced technology finds cavities at the earliest stages when an X-ray isn’t sufficient.
- Intraoral Camera—a tool that dentists use to capture images of hard to see places within the mouth.
- Nitrous Oxide and (Intravenous) IV Sedation—this form of laughing gas can help a nervous patient get through procedures with minimal pain and discomfort.
Come visit our office and let us talk you through an effective care plan and advanced technological options that will meet your needs and minimize your concerns.