What can you do to ensure your oral health is ideal?
Here are the top 10 tips for keeping your gums and mouth happy:
- Brush (in the morning and before bed-time) and brush thoroughly.
- Use a toothpaste that contains fluoride.
- Replace your toothbrush every 3 or 4 months. Also, consider trying a new toothbrush after you have had a sickness like a cold or strep throat.
- Don’t cover your toothbrush or store it in a closed container. This can encourage growth of bacteria.
- Eat lots of calcium rich foods like milk, yogurt, and cheese. This helps the bones; yes, even in your mouth.
- As much as possible, avoid sticky sweets, such as soft candies, toffees, taffies, and suckers.
- If you chew gum, chew sugar-free brands.
- Floss consistently.
- Maintain 6 month check ups.
- Quit smoking.
The health of your mouth is in your…err…hands. There are tangible things you can be doing in between regularly scheduled appointments, to keep your oral future bright!